Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Too good to be true

Here on day 22 of my HCG drops, down 22 pounds and feeling great! It's changed my life in so many ways. Not only am I getting lighter and lighter, my wallet is getting heavier and heavier from all the savings! All those Starbucks and gas station drinks really add up! Not to mention the occasional fast food drive thru (embarrassment).


Eating my healthy little meals has made all the difference! I've taken on some preparation tactics to help me plan for the week and it's making life super easy! Weighing and measuring out my meat for the next few days and then I freeze it in baggies.

Digital food scale from Wally World for $20. I use it every day - great investment! I'm allowed any meat other than pork and I can even have shrimp and lobster! (oh happy day!)

Found this cute little cooler bag online and it's very useful to bring my lunches and snacks along with me. Plus, it's super cute! Since I'm in the care a lot and always on the go, it's quite useful!

These little guys have come in handy when you need that carby-crunch (they make great croutons for your soup too!)


Can I say how delighted I am that I can have espresso?? Love this machine, a perk from my years as a Barista. I've been taking my frozen strawberries and blending them in this little hand blender (also from Wally World) along with my liquid vitamins and lemon juice for a delish sorbet-textured smoothie!



My taste buds are bursting with flavor profiles that I haven't noticed in food in a very long time - "The snozberries taste like snozberries!" I really believe that since I began my "health journey" back in the beginning of the year that it greatly prepared me for this plan. Yes, I felt discouraged and had all the foot and hip pain issues arise, but as previously stated, this was an answer from above!

Although, I am facing some "mourning" if you want to call it that over the loss of frequent eating. You'd be amazed how much mindless eating & grazing we do in a day (although, if you're heavy - you shouldn't be - admittance is the first step to recovery!) Food had been my constant companion even with the healthier choices I had started making at the beginning of this year. None the less, it's a one way relationship and had turned abusive. Call it the Ike to my Tina, I had to kick it to the curve.

Yes, I literally say out loud sometimes, "You are not good to my body and I can have you from time to time, but for now, I am saying goodbye"

I find that it's mind over matter when it comes to sticking to anything....I mean of course it is. I always read about people's weight loss testimonials in magazines and books and the common thread was always some form of positive self-assurance. These people either wrote on their mirrors, makeup compacts, journaled, stuck sticky notes on their fridges and steering wheels with positive messages to encourage themselves. I always minimized and wrote it off as silly/cheesy/dumb what have you. You'd think from years of learning about the power of a good confession and your tongue, I'd have gotten it by now!

I have been telling myself every day that I can do this, that I can develop a good relationship with food, that I can find success with my health, and above all, that I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me! It's on my mirror, it's in my heart and it's quickly getting in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment